1. Does the child I enter have to be enrolled in a dance school?
No, entries are open to all Queensland children between the ages of 5 and 13 and they do not need to be enrolled in a dance school. However, a passion for dance is a must!
2. Do I have to live in Queensland to enter the competition?
Yes, only Queensland residents over the age of 18 are eligible to enter their child in the competition. The child you are entering also needs to be a Queensland resident to be eligible for entry.
3. How old does the child I enter have to be?
The child you enter in the competition must be between the ages of 5 and 13, inclusive.
4. How many children can I enter in the competition?
You can enter as many children as you like, however each child can only be entered once.
5. When are competition entries open?
Entries open at 9.00 am AEST on Monday 25 September 2017 and close at 5.00 pm AEST on Friday 3 November 2017.
6. How do I submit a photo to the competition?
Visit the Suncorp Wish Upon a Ballet Star website at: www.suncorpballetstar.com.au and follow the prompts to upload a creative photo of your child with a statement of up to 100 words describing how dancing makes your little ballet star feel.
7. Does it cost anything to enter?
Competition entry is free of charge, but internet connection and usage rates may apply.
8. Can I enter a child in the competition if I am not their parent or guardian?
You must be the child’s parent or legal guardian or a relative (over the age of 18) of the child and have their parent or legal guardian’s permission in order to enter the child into the competition.
9. Can I submit an old photo or word statement, or re-enter my submission from last year’s ‘Wish Upon a Ballet Star’ competition?
No, you must submit a new photograph and statement specifically created for this year’s competition.
10. If my child wins the Major Prize, does he or she need to be available to attend The Nutcracker rehearsal?
Yes, you must confirm you and your child’s availability to attend a rehearsal on Friday 8 December 2017. They must also be available to attend the matinee performance of The Nutcracker on Sunday, 10 December 2017 at 1.30pm to perform their role as part of the Major Prize.
11. Will my child be used in media opportunities as a competition finalist or winner?
By entering your child into the competition, you agree that they and their image may be used for media opportunities which may or may not be published and otherwise publicly broadcast.
12. If I’m a Suncorp customer, can I participate?
Suncorp customers are strongly encouraged to enter. By identifying yourself as a Suncorp customer during the entry process (by checking the box when prompted), your child will automatically go into the draw to win an additional prize to say thank you to you for being a customer.
13. How long will it take for my submission to be approved?
Submissions will be reviewed within three business days. If approved, entries will be uploaded onto the Suncorp Wish Upon a Ballet Star website www.suncorpballetstar.com.au.
14. Who can I contact if I have any questions or concerns?
If you need to get in touch, please email us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your enquiry within three business days.
15. What prizes are on offer?
Finalist Prize: The ten Finalists will each receive an opportunity to participate in a money-can't-buy experience to visit the home of Queensland Ballet and experience a day in the life of a Queensland Ballet dancer (including flights to and from Brisbane and one night’s accommodation in Brisbane for finalists located more than 300km from Brisbane for the finalist and one parent or guardian) on ‘date’. This prize is not transferable and therefore, should the finalists be unable to participate in the experience on this date, the prize will be forfeited. The ten Finalists will also receive a ‘Nutcracker Prize Pack’ consisting of promotional products from Suncorp and Queensland Ballet.
People’s Choice Prize: In addition to the Finalist Prize (outlined above), the People’s Choice Winner will receive flights and accommodation (for winners located more than 300km from Brisbane) and tickets to the 1.30pm performance on Sunday 10 December to see Li Cunxin perform onstage.
Suncorp Customer Prize:
The Suncorp Customer Winner will receive a Nutcracker Prize Pack consisting of promotional products from Suncorp and Queensland Ballet along with flights and accommodation (for finalists located more than 300km from Brisbane) along with tickets to the 1.30pm performance on Sunday 10 December to see Li Cunxin perform onstage.
This prize is only open to those Entrants who stated they were a Suncorp customer as part of their initial entry.
Major Prize: The Major Prize winner will receive a Finalist Prize (outlined above), along with travel and accommodation for the winner and up to five people (for winners located more than 300km from Brisbane) to perform a walk-on role in The Nutcracker performance on Sunday 10 December 2017 alongside QB’s Artistic Director Li Cunxin. In addition they will receive a 1.5m portable Ballet Barre thanks to A La Barre so that they can continue to practice and follow their dreams.
16. How will the ten finalists be chosen?
The ten finalists will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of representatives from Queensland Ballet and Suncorp. Finalists will be selected based on their photo submission and 100-word entry.
17. When will the finalists be chosen? The finalists will be announced on Monday 13 November 2017
18. When will the ten finalists be announced? Monday 13 November the ten finalists will be announced on the Suncorp Wish Upon a Ballet Star website www.suncorpballetstar.com.au, and via Suncorp and Queensland Ballet’s social media channels. The finalists will be notified directly by email or phone between Monday 6 November and Friday 10 November.
19. When can we vote for the people’s choice winner?
The people’s choice voting will commence on Monday 13 November.
20. How do we vote for the people’s choice winner?
When voting opens, you will be able to register to vote via www.suncorpballetstar.com.au by following the prompts. You will be required to enter your email address on the microsite, and a link to activate your voting account will then be sent to your nominated email address. Once you have activated your account, you will be able to vote for your favourite finalist or finalists. You will be able to vote for more than one child to win the People’s Choice award, but only one vote per finalist will be accepted.
21. Will the finalists be profiled in news media?
The ten Finalists may be profiled in metropolitan and regional media, depending on media interest.
22. When can I claim my prizes?
Finalists and Winners must confirm acceptance of the prize within three business days. Suncorp will work with the Finalists and Winners to finalise the details of their prize collection or delivery.
23. What if I don’t claim my prize within three Business Days?
Any prizes not redeemed within the time stipulated will be forfeited, and no substitute or compensation will be provided.
24. When will the People’s Choice winner be announced?
The People’s Choice winner will be announced on the Wish Upon a Ballet Star website on Friday 24 November 2017 and will be contacted by phone or email.
25. When will the Major Prize winner be announced?
The Major Prize winner will be announced on the Wish Upon a Ballet Star website on Friday 24 November 2017 and will be contacted by phone or email.
26. Who can I contact if I have an enquiry about this competition or my entry?
If you need to get in touch, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your enquiry within two business days.