“Suncorp Wish Upon a Ballet Star” Competition Terms & Conditions
- This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Suncorp Corporate Services Pty Ltd ABN 69 074 966 466 of Level 28, 266 George Street, Brisbane QLD 4000 (“Promoter”).
- Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are residents of Queensland who are aged 18 years or older at the time of entry; and (ii) are the parent, relative or guardian of a child aged between 5 and 13 who resides in Queensland; and (iii) are not directors, management or employees of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition, or their immediate family members (“Entrant”).
- The Competition commences at 9.00am AEST on Monday 10 September 2018 and closes at 5.00 pm AEST on Friday 2 November (“the Entry Period”). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Brisbane time.
- To enter the Competition an Entrant must, during the Entry Period:
- use a compatible browser to visit www.suncorpballetstar.com.au(“Competition Website”);
- follow the instructions on the Competition Website to complete the online entry form with the required personal details (including name, date of birth, location, phone number and email address),
- answer in 100 words or less about a dance moment that left a lasting memory and include a creative photo of you that represents your passion for dance (“Nominee”);
- Entrants have the option to tell us something interesting about themselves that does not have to be dance related;
- confirm availability of the Nominee for the matinee performance of The Nutcracker on Saturday 15 December 2018 and one rehearsal on Friday 14 December 2018
- specify if the Entrant is a Suncorp customer;
- agree to participation in media relations;
- opt in to receive communication from the Promoter on the Competition Website;
- tick the box to confirm they have read and agree to these Competition Terms and Conditions; and
- once complete, hit button to submit entry.
For the purposes of this Competition, a Suncorp customer is a person who holds at least one (1) product issued by either Suncorp Bank (Suncorp-Metway Limited ABN 66 010 831 722), Suncorp Insurance (AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807) or Suncorp Life (Suncorp Life and Superannuation Limited ABN 87 073 979 530).
- Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service provider.
- The Promoter will approve the entry submission within three (3) business days and the Entrant will be sent an email confirming the acceptance of their entry. If Entrants or Nominees live outside Queensland, Nominees are not within the ages explicitly specified, and/or the Entrant’s individual submission does not comply with the Terms and Conditions listed, their entry into the Competition will not be approved/permitted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove entries deemed inappropriate at its sole discretion. The Promoter also reserves the right to disqualify Entrants at its sole discretion for reasons that may or may not be disclosed to the disqualified Entrant.
- Entry is limited to one nomination, per child. Each entry must be submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entries must be received during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in telecommunications service or technical fault or equipment. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
- Entrants must submit their entries manually. The Promoter may reject entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- Entrants must create their own entry and only submit an entry in their own name. Entries that are found to have been derived from third party work will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, the prize must be returned to the Promoter. Each Entrant indemnifies the Promoter and its associated companies and agents for any claims, costs, expenses, penalties or damages they incur from reproducing, publishing or otherwise using any works subsequently found to have been derived in any way from any third party works.
- Each Entrant warrants and agrees that:
- they have created the entry themselves;
- they are entitled to reproduce and exploit all underlying works in the entry;
- the entry does not, use or exploitation of the entry by the Promoter (and each of its assignees and licensees) as contemplated by these conditions will not, violate the rights (including copyright and privacy) of any third person;
- the entry has not been previously published in any other medium or forum worldwide;
- they will not submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, derogatory, abusive, harmful to any person or entity, or otherwise inappropriate or offensive; and
- they have not granted rights to their entry to any other person which is inconsistent with the rights granted to the Promoter under these conditions.
- Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter (and each of its assignees and licensees) and Queensland Ballet has the right, in its absolute discretion, to edit, amend, copy, reproduce, use, publish, broadcast and communicate to the public, the entry in any media including television and the internet, without any further consultation, reference, payment or other compensation. Each Entrant also agrees that they will not make any claim against the Promoter (or its assignees and licensees) arising from the exercise of these rights, including claims in relation to any moral rights that they may otherwise have.
- Entrants, who have been identified as current Suncorp customers, will automatically go into the draw to win the Suncorp Customer Prize.
- There are four (4) categories of prizes to be won, as follows:
- 10 x Finalist(s) Prizes to the value of up to $1,000 consisting of (a) flights and accommodation for up to 2 people should the Winner live 300km outside of Brisbane; (b) participation in a money-can't-buy experience to visit the home of Queensland Ballet and experience a day in the life of a Queensland Ballet dancer on date. The prize is not transferable and therefore, should the finalists be unable to participate in the experience on this date, the prize will be forfeited; (c) a ‘Nutcracker Prize Pack’ consisting of promotional products from Suncorp and Queensland Ballet. 1 x Major Prize to the value of up to $3,000; consisting of (a) flights and accommodation for up to 2 people should the Winner live 300km outside of Brisbane; (b) participation in an official dress rehearsal of The Nutcracker including a meet and greet with Queensland Ballet dancers and Artistic Director Li Cunxin; (c) a walk-on role in The Nutcracker performance on Saturday 15 December 2018; (d) 4 tickets to watch the performance at the Lyric Theatre, QPAC on Saturday 15 December 2018 at 1.30pm; (d) a 1.5m portable Ballet Barre; and
- 1 x People’s Choice Prize to the value of up to $2,500; consisting of (a) flights and accommodation for up to 2 people should the Winner live 300km outside of Brisbane City; (b) 4 tickets to attend The Nutcracker Performance on Saturday 15 December 2018 at 1.30pm.
- 1 x Suncorp Customer Prize to the value of up to $2,500 consisting of (a) flights and accommodation for up to 2 people should the participant live 300km outside of Brisbane City; (b) 4 tickets to attend The Nutcracker Performance on Saturday 15 December 2018
- The prizes are not redeemable for cash and are not transferable or exchangeable.
- To be eligible for the Major Prize, the Nominee must be available and physically able to perform a walk on role in the first act of The Nutcracker performance at 1.30pm on Saturday 15 December 2018 and attend a dress rehearsal on Friday 14 December 2018 Queensland Ballet reserves the right to mark an entry ineligible for the Major Prize should they feel the Nominee be unsuitable to perform the walk on role.
- Entries must be original works created by the Entrant for this Competition. Entries must not be unlawful, offensive, defamatory, racist or otherwise inappropriate. Any entry which the judges deem inappropriate will be invalid.
- From Eligible entries, 10 finalists will be chosen by Queensland Ballet and Suncorp on or after entries close on Friday 2 November 2018 and will each receive a Queensland Ballet experience and Nutcracker prize pack. Each Eligible Entry will be individually judged based on their photo submission and 100-word entry.
- Upon selection, each of the 10 finalists will be notified by phone and email.
- The selected 10 finalists will be uploaded to the Competition Website on 12 November 2018 for the chance to win the People’s Choice Prize.
- The People’s Choice Prize will be awarded to the finalist whose image and description has the most votes as shown on the Competition Website on Friday 30 November 2018. Voting is conducted via the competition website www.suncorpballetstar.com.au and will open on Monday 12 November 2018. People wishing to vote will need to register via the website by providing a valid email address, a link to activate a person’s voting account will then be sent to their nominated email address. Once the person has activated their account, they will be able to vote for their favourite finalist or finalists. Individuals will be able to vote for more than one finalist to win, but only one vote per finalist will be accepted
- The People’s Choice winner will be notified by phone or email on Tuesday 4 December 2018
- The People’s Choice winner will be announced on the Competition Website on Wednesday 5 December 2018
- The Major Prize Winner will be chosen from the 10 finalists by Queensland Ballet and Suncorp on Friday 30 November 2018. Each entry will be individually judged based on the photo submission and 100-word entry.
- The Major Prize Winner will be announced on Wednesday 5 December 2018 on the Competition Website.
- The Major Prize Winner will be contacted by phone and email by Tuesday 4 December 2018
- The Suncorp Customer Prize Winner will be drawn at random by or on Tuesday 4 December 2018 from all eligible entries where an Entrant has confirmed they are a Suncorp customer.
- The Suncorp Customer Prize Winner will be contacted by phone or email by Tuesday 4 December 2018
- The Promoter will notify all winners via the email address or phone number provided with their entry within 3 business days of the selection of the winners, with details of how to claim the prize.
- Before a prize is awarded, the Promoter may require each winner and/or their Parent or Guardian to sign a release of liability form (provided by the Promoter) in favour of all parties involved in this Competition (including those providing the prize). If the release of liability form is not signed within the time requested by the Promoter, the winner’s entry will be deemed not to comply with these Terms and Conditions and their prize will be forfeited.
- If a winner cannot be contacted, is found ineligible, or does not follow the Promoter’s instructions to claim the Prize within 3 business days of notification, the Promoter will deem the prize as unclaimed (and forfeited) and the entry judged as the next best will be the winner of the prize. That process will be repeated if required.
- If the prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter.
- Each prize winner, at the Promoter’s request, must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their names and images in promotional material in any medium throughout the world.
- The Promoter and Queensland Ballet reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and eligibility of Entrants (including an Entrant's identity, age, place of residence, Parent or Guardian consent). Proof considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter and Queensland Ballet reserves the right in its sole discretion to declare an entry invalid or disqualify any individual who it has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) neither excludes its liability for failure to comply with a consumer guarantee under Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other consumer legislation nor for any other liability that cannot be excluded by law and clauses 41 and 42 do not apply to this liability.
- Except as set out in clause 35, the Promoter and Queensland Ballet and their associated agencies and companies (including their respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for loss or damage in connection with the Competition due to any reason beyond the Promoter’s and Queensland Ballet’s reasonable control, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction affecting the submission of your entry; (b) any technical fault or equipment malfunction affecting the submission or tally of votes; (c) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference with your entry; (d) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected; (e) any tax liability incurred by the winner or Entrant; or (f) misuse of the prize.
- Except as set out in clause 39, the Promoter and Queensland Ballet and their associated agencies and companies (including their respective officers, employees and agents) will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Competition or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter (and each of its assignees and licensees) and Queensland Ballet has the perpetual right, in their absolute discretion, to edit, amend, copy, use, publish, broadcast and communicate to the public, their entry (in whole or in part) for any purpose and in any media, without any further consultation, reference, payment or other compensation of the Entrant or Nominee.
For any other enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org